What is LunarSphere?
LunarSphere is an all-class version of the popular "sphere" addons that exist for various classes within World of Warcraft. Examples of these types of sphere addons are:
No sphere addon exists for those who play a Warrior or a Druid, or if they do, not many people know about them.
- Cryolysis (Mage)
- HolyHope (Paladin)
- Necrosis (Warlock)
- Sabella (Rogue)
- Serenity (Priest)
- Totemus (Shaman)
- Venantes (Hunter)
LunarSphere aims to take care of the Warrior and Druid, as well as all other classes in a small yet powerful addon. By using the concepts found within all of the previous class spheres and introducing new ideas, LunarSphere could quite possibly be an essential part of any player's interface. It is highly customizible, has several skinning options available, and packs quite a lot of features into its relatively small size.
Of course, LunarSphere is not the first sphere addon to take on the all-class concept. The Ace addon Henge was probably the first to try it out, followed by iSphere which was more a sphere with 10 user-defined buttons around it instead of a full-fledged class sphere. Another addon that has attempted it is the Ace addon Sphere.
(for a more expanded features set, check the Features page):
- 10 main buttons that encircle the sphere, allowing any spell/item/macro to be dragged to the button, much like an action bar.
- All buttons have left, middle, and right click support.
- Keybind support for all buttons.
- Each of the 10 main buttons can be converted into menu buttons which spawn up to 12 more buttons that are attached to the menu button.
- Main buttons (and their child buttons, if it is a menu) can have stance support.
- Text display can be used on the sphere to show various status texts, such as health, power (mana, energy, rage), experience, reputation, and more.
- Up to two gauges (circular bars) circle around the sphere and can be set to show various status values as well, such as health, power, experience, etc..
- Ability to auto-assign the best water, food, health potion, mana potion, mount, and more can be set via special button types.
- User-defined reagent/item purchasing (up to a set amount) can be used when visiting a vendor. If you forget to stock up on ankhs, ammo, or tailoring supplies, LunarSphere can take care of it.
- Users can use the Auto-Vendor feature to get rid of gray (junk) items, with some options to keep gray weapons (for those who want to keep "The Stoppable Force").
- Powerful speech system in place for those who like to say fun or crazy things when they mount up, resurrect people, open a portal, or whatever other spell or item one could use.
- Memory management for LunarSphere lets users disable parts of the addon they don't need or care to use, keeping the memory usage down.
- Templates exist for all classes so that first-time users can have a pre-setup sphere without having to go through the process.
Due to the amount of features LunarSphere has, users could use it to do the job of anywhere between 3-10 separate addons, and the amount of memory and CPU usage that LunarSphere has could equal 1-2 of those said addons.
Can I have it now, please?
If LunarSphere sounds like the addon for you, or if you just want to try it out and see if it tickles your fancy, head on over to the Download page and pick up the latest public release version and give it a shot.
Public Release download page
For those who feel saucy and want to have the newest features for LunarSphere and the latest testing (beta) version, you could head over to the forums and check out the Testing Corner subforum for details. But be warned, this is a testing version, a beta if you will, so there could be bugs that hinder your game play experience (well, not much, at least). But if you want to help test it out, please read that subforum and take a look at the rules. *grin*
Beta Release download thread